So fast forward to now when Canadian/Toronto based company Natural Konjac Sponge offered to send me a couple of their sponges for review I was more than willing to do so!
So a quick little info session for those of you that are scratching your heads and saying "Konjac What?"...
Konjac Sponges are made from Konjac, a plant native to Asia - primarily Japan, Korea, China and parts of Southeast Asia. It's a highly fibrous plant packed w/ vitamins and minerals. Konjac sponges are a great natural, soft and gentle skincare tool that can be used by anyone - even those w/ very sensitive skin. When dry the sponge is hard but once water is added to it the sponge softens right up and an aqueous layer forms which creates a barrier between your skin and the sponge. This also minimizes the risk or irritation to the skin and over exfoliation. Also, this aqueous layer is slightly alkaline which balances our skins pH level and effectively helps cleanse away oil, dirt, blackheads even without soap or cleanser!
All the sponges at Natural Konjac Sponge are handmade in Japan using 100% natural glucomannan fibers extracted from the Konjac plant.
Here's some key information and benefits taken directly from the Natural Konjac Sponge website!
Key Benefits of Natural Konjac Sponges
- Genuine Japanese Handmade Product
- 100% Natural
- 100% Biodegradable
- Suitable for ALL Skin Types
- Suitable for ALL ages
- Fragrance Free
- Suitable for Daily Use
- Contains Natural Anti-Oxidants and Minerals which are beneficial for the skin
- NO Artificial Colouring, Preservatives or Harmful & Toxic Chemical
Key Benefits to Your Skin:
- Deeply Cleanses Skin Pores to Remove Excess Oil, Blackheads, Dead Skin Cells and Dir
- Gently and Effectively Exfoliates Skin resulting in Smoother and Softer Skin Textures
- Nourishes and Hydrates Skin
- Balances pH Level of Skin (important in keeping skin blemish-free!)
So yeah given all these great benefits of course I liked the sponges! Plus Natural Konjac Sponge does FREE Worldwide Shipping on order of $20 or more! They also have several different types of sponges to try out including Natural, Charcoal (for acne/oily prone skin), Citrus (dry skin)...and several others. Plus they also have a larger size for the body.
So this is definitely one trend I hope sticks around at transitions to a staple in everyone's skincare regime!