Friday, May 16, 2014

A Look Back At Some Of My Winter Weddings!


As Spring is FINALLY here and I'm officially full force into wedding season I thought it might be fun to share w/ you all a collection of some of my weddings from the Winter mths.  People who aren't in the business always find it surprising how many weddings I actually do during the "off season".  Of course it's not as busy as the Summer mths but I do still average about 3 weddings a mth even in the "off season".



So here's a collection of a few weddings and brides I had the pleasure of working w/ during these colder months!

Noeline
I did this wedding right in the beginning of Nov.  In fact it was suppose to be a sort of Gothic/Halloween type theme without it being "too Halloween" or "tacky".  The bride made the hair fascinators and bouquets herself!  I loved the old hollywood glam look we created which I thought was perfect not only for her personality but also the complete look of the day! 





Chelsea
Chelsea actually got married the day after Noeline.  Definitely a change in style but that's what I love about my job...getting to work w/ so many different people and different ideas for what they want on their wedding day!  Chelsea had very long, straight hair so I was very happy to see how well the curls held for the side pony style!
Photographer Joanna Balcerak


Rebecca
Like Chelsea, Rebecca had very heavy, long, straight hair and one of the big concerns and worries with a Winter wedding is the wind and cold ruining the hair (unlike the Summer when the big concern is the heat and humidity).  I remember it was definitely a chilly, windy day in Dec. so I was so happy to see how well her hair held up and I love the added volume through the top that we decided on the day which I think made it a bit more dramatic and bridal!




Anna
Anna and her husband Mark live in Japan (where they met) and were actually already married over there.  They decided to do another wedding here for all the guests from Mark's family that couldn't make it to the Japanese wedding.  They got married on New Year's Eve...I wonder which wedding they count as their "anniversary" lol!  One of the biggest compliments I got was when Mark emailed me after the wedding to tell me how thrilled Anna (and her mother) were w/ the hair and makeup and they never thought they could find someone here in Canada (and I'm sure not a white girl lol) that could do an updo w/ the Japanese aesthetic and style in mind (b/c it definitely is different than a lot of Canadian styles).  
Photographer Jessica Li



Carol
Carol is another example of the "typical" Jessica Jean Myers bridal client - clean, fresh and pretty!  She wanted an updo that was sort of like smooth ribbons to show off the beautiful back of her dress.  She got married in January and believe it or not my company actually had 2 weddings on this day!
Photographer Tara McMullen


Kyla
Kyla got married on a Sunday on the long weekend in February.  She's actually American so her and her then fiance wanted a weekend that was holiday weekend for both countries for all the guests coming in.  It was a traditional Jewish wedding so it had to be held on a Sunday.  Kyla has a very girly aesthetic and I love the soft pink smokey eye I did and those lashes just look amazing on her.  It was such a fun and relaxing afternoon w/ both her and her mother.







Can't wait to see all the beautiful pics from all my brides this upcoming season!  It's going to be another busy one!

No comments: