Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hart House Wedding


We are officially right in the thick of wedding season right now which is of course exciting and busy!  But this also means I'm starting to get some photos from brides from weddings in May!  As you all know there's pretty much nothing I love more than receiving photos from my brides after the wedding!  I'm always trying to update my wedding site and keep it current and fresh...and it's even surprising to me sometimes just how far my work has come in the past few seasons!

Back in May I got to work w/ Jasmine and her wonderful group of family and friends at Hart House which is located at the University of Toronto.  What's funny is the weekend before I actually had a wedding job there too!  It's a gorgeous location and I love doing weddings there not only b/c I love old historic building but also b/c it's literally walking distance from my apt. lol!  Love any job I can walk to and from ;)

I met Jasmine a few mths before her wedding when I did her makeup trial.  Originally I was only going to do makeup at the wedding but when we started discussing logistics w/ her traveling to and from her hair salon to the wedding venue we agreed it might be a bit of unnecessary stress so at another date we did a hair trial. I'm so glad I got to do both Jasmine's makeup and hair b/c I really loved the updo I created for her!  It's funny actually b/c there have been multiple occasions in the past couple of years where I've actually received more credit or praise for my hair work than makeup lol!  Who ever would have thought that would have happened!!

In fact after the wedding Jasmine's wedding coordinator Events by Bridal Solutions actually contacted me a couple of wks later about another client they had b/c they loved the hair work I did so much w/ Jasmine. Even funnier we realized once we were talking that we also shared another client already who's wedding was in June :)  Wedding business is always such a small world!

Here are some photos from Jasmine's wedding courtesy of  We Do Photography







Also thought I'd share the really kind words Jasmine wrote on Wedding Wire for me after the wedding :)

I had such a wonderful experience with Jessica and her team. In addition to doing my wedding hair and make-up, she also did my two bridesmaids and my mom. The fact that Jessica will travel to you is a HUGE advantage and saved so much time for the morning prep. I would also highly recommend doing a trial. At the trial, Jessica was able read through my nervousness (because I have very thin hair) and knew what hairstyle I actually wanted, but didn't think I could get and was able to do it. On the morning of the wedding, Jessica was on time, prepared and her easy going attitude helped calm any morning jitters. Overall, Jessica is professional and talented and my hair and make-up were absolutely perfect for my wedding and it lasted from 8 am to the wee hours of the morning the next day.

No comments: