Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Toronto Beauty Group


As 2014 closes out and 2015 is literally just a couple of days away I thought this would be a good time to share with everyone the changes I have in store for my wedding business!  Which in just a few short years has really taken off and I couldn't be happier or more proud about that fact.  It's so funny to think that originally I started doing weddings as a "side thing" to my fashion and commercial work and it just sort of took off and ended up becoming more my focus..especially these past couple of years.

I think one of my strengths and a big reason I've seen such growth in a few short years is b/c of my anal, organizational, business personality when it comes to things like emailing, scheduling, following up on things etc.  A lot of artists just don't have this as a strength and I'll openly admit I'm a bit crazy about it all lol.

So being that this is a strength of mine and with me getting solidly booked every weekend it only made sense to expand my business and develop a team to work with me and that I can outsource on weddings on their own.  I've been doing this for a couple of years now under Jessica Jean Myers & Associates and overall I've seen growth but like usual I want more lol!

I realized the only way to make "my team" busier was actually to take my name out of the mix...had to put my ego aside on this one but the thing is people of course only wanted to hire me so getting them to use my team has not always been the easiest even though I know I only bring on artists that I feel do work that is comparable to quality and talent as my own.

With that idea and a A LOT of brainstorming of names I came up with Toronto Beauty Group - I actually came up with the name during a bus ride in Nicaragua during my Central America backpacking adventure!  I wanted something that wasn't too fluffy or frilly b/c that's not my clientele or me but I wanted it to be self explanatory as to what it was but still sound professional and classy. Such a simple name really but I think it's strong and I'm surprised actually it wasn't taken lol!


With the name decided I've taken the past couple of weeks to change up my site a bit, buy new domains and email addresses and add Bios for my team.  I even got new business cards and made a new Instagram Account just for the Wedding Business.  I really want to separate it from myself and really build something that is it's own entity so that I can outsource weddings to my team more and build the business that way.

This year the company closed out at just under 100 weddings (98 to be exact) and next year I'm really hoping to smash that and do at least 100 weddings!  I did notice this year the weddings were definitely bigger than previous years which is also a good thing!

I'm always looking for new and talented Makeup & Hair artists or assistants to add to my roster so any artists that have experience in Bridal and have a style they would classify as "Soft, Romantic, Natural" should definitely reach out to me.

With engagement season in full effect I'm really excited to see what this year has in store for the business...I'm already starting to book into 2016 so that's exciting!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is fabulous. Jess, you're an incredibly motivated and talented woman, I have no doubt this new venture/expansion will take off. So honored to be witness to your intelligence and determination. I'll definitely send any ladies with weddings your way :)