Wednesday, March 9, 2011

M2 Product Review - I LOVE These Products!

Last wk I told you about Apothica and what a great company they are...well now I have more to tell you
about their sister company - Skin Care Rx (mostly deals w/ skin care products duh).  Now that I'm being sponsored I got to choose $75 worth of products from either site to try out and review.

Well, I've mentioned it before I'm getting older but I still do struggle a bit w/ acne so I'm kind of obsessed w/ finding a good skin care system that I really like so I thought the Skin Care Rx website would be PERFECT for this!  They have millions of products...brands I've NEVER even heard of and tons of reviews!

So after much reviewing and contemplating (hey I'm a Libra - hard to make decisions lol) I decided to go w/ two M2 skincare products - M2 Skin Refinish 20% and M2 Exfoliating Cleanser.  The line deals head on w/ the skin issues that plauge me the most - ACNE (& acne scarring) & Fine Lines/Wrinkles (sometimes hard to find skin care systems that deal w/ both issues not just one or the other) plus overall the reviews were plentiful and really promising so I thought they were great choices. 

Okay I just have to say I LOVE THESE PRODUCTS!  Like seriously I WILL be buying these again!  I have noticed an improvement in the overall tone of my skin, my pores seem smaller and my acne has DEFINITELY lessened!

Okay first I'll talk about the M2 Skin Refinish 20%. 

I'm going to preface this and say it is quite a potent product and can cause irritation.  In fact it is common to feel a slight tingling and burning upon first applying it to your skin so don't freak out.  I only use it every other night b/c it is so strong.  They do have a M2 Skin Refinish 12% for those w/ more sensitive skin...plus maybe after using that for awhile you could work yourself up to the 20%.  Also it's a night lotion...it leaves the skin a bit sticky till it dries I'm not going to lie so if that's something that might bug you I wouldn't suggest it.  Also don't sleep on your nice pillow cases if they are coloured b/c it may discolour them or bleach them in spots...I've learned this the hard way (not w/ this product but other acne products).  Some of the reviewers really seem to be stuck on wanting the Original Mama Lotion (product's old name)...I can't compare it to the old product so I really can't say if it was better but I can say I'm happy w/ this product...although I'm curious what the fuss is over the old product.

It's a decent size bottle and you don't need a lot of product at all.  The pump that the product comes out of is a little weird but nothing that really would detour me from buying it (although I'm a little curious when the product is getting low how it might effect me getting all of the product out).  I have been using it now for over 2 mths and I think there is still quite a bit of product left which to me is pretty good even though the product is a little steep at $48.50...but hey it covers so many bases - acne, hyperpigmentation, acne scarring, wrinkles and fine lines. 

Okay so now that we've cleared that up I'll tell you all the good stuff about the product...to save time and so I don't miss or mess up any info I'm just taking the info straight from website.

About The Product



Eliminate all your skin care woes with one easy-to-use serum. This multi-purpose facial treatment uses a high-potency combination of Mandelic and Malic Acids to rapidly even skin tone, reduce breakouts, and soften wrinkles. (Previously known as MaMa Lotion)

1.7 fl. oz.

Who It's For

Ideal for all skin types, especially hyperpigmented, mature, and acne-prone, who want a smooth, even complexion. Recommended for all skin tones, including dark skin. Click here to read why M2 HP Skin Refinish works well on dark skin. Safe for use while pregnant or nursing.

Key Ingredients

Mandelic Acid is naturally antibacterial. Malic Acid protects skin from damaging free radicals. Algae Extract moisturizes skin.

How To Use It

In the evening, apply to clean, dry skin. Wait 10-15 minutes before applying moisturizer. Use only every other night for the first two months. If irritation or excess flaking occurs, decrease frequency of application or discontinue use. Daily use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 is required for best results.

Full Ingredients

DI Water, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid,Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/ Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane,Polysorbate 60, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coenzyme Q10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA

So basically I alternate at night - I night M2 Skin Refinish and then the next night I use my traditional acne cream. 

Okay onto the M2 Exfoliating Cleanser

I'm not going to lie, in the past I have been sometimes a bit cheap w/ my skin cleansers.  I know, I know I spend tons of money on other makeup products, wrinkle creams, diet products...but for some reason hated spending more than $12-15 on a skin cleanser.  Well I think I've changed my mind now!  Not that the M2 Exfoliating Cleanser is THAT expensive...in fact it's under $25 USD.  Again it's a good size bottle but I think what makes it so worth the money (other than the fact that it's a great cleanser) is that all you need is one pump of the product which has a somewhat thick liquid gel consistency to wash your entire face.  Again I have been using this product for over 2 mths twice a day and literally onlly about 1/3 of the bottle is gone...so it that case it's ACTUALLY CHEAPER than other skin cleansers I have used in the past!

Okay here again is what the company says about the product.

About The Product

Instantly refine your skin every time you wash. This gel cleanser combines Mandelic and Malic Acids to gently exfoliate and remove impurities from the skin. Natural antibacterial and humectant properties restore balance, clarity, and tone. Soap-free and SLS-free.

6.76 fl. oz.

Who It's For

Ideal for those with dry, mature, or sensitive skin who want a clean, fresh, and refined complexion.

Key Ingredients

Mandelic Acid gently resurfaces the skin and is antibacterial. Malic Acid moisturizes and brightens. CoEnzyme Q10 neutralizes free radicals.

How To Use It

Apply a dime-size amount into the hands and run together to create a mild lather. Gently massage into dampened skin on face and neck. Let sit on skin for 30 seconds, then rinse. Use morning and evening or as directed by your skin care professional.

Full Ingredients

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Laurylamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid NF, Sodium Hydroxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coenzyme Q10, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

I also should add that Skin Care Rx offers free shipping in the US on ANY M2 product purchases or ANY orders over $49...sorry Canadians we don't get the shipping deals :(

BUT I am passing on a code for ALL MY READERS!  If you want to SAVE 20% on ANY order w/ Skin Care Rx - follow this link! (takes a second for the coupon to pop up)  Told you they were an awesome company!

Btw how much do I LOVE this site...well I just bought some more products from them TODAY and I CAN'T WAIT to try them!  Yes...I used my own money lol...not just free stuff!  What did I buy you ask?

Well I'm a HUGE sucker for a GREAT sampler pack so I bought

The Beauty Cache - which is ALWAYS a HUGE BESTSELLER and sells out really quick so get one now!  It includes 4 full size products to try as well as a TON of sample products to try out (don't we all LOVE samples).  Plus I believe it also includes a $20 gift card (can be used on orders of $75 or more) so basically w/ that the Cache almost pays for it's self being that it costs under $30!  The reviews are amazing and EVERYONE seems to be a fan of this product so I'm VERY EXCITED to get mine!  A different one comes out every season and I tried to get one when I ordered my M2 products before but it was sold out so act fast!

Glycolix Skin Pads - I really LOVE the Avon Anew Pads so I'll be curious to compare these...again great reviews and a reasonable price so why not...since I ran out of my Avon Pads. 

MyChelle Dermaceuticals - Mostly just got this one b/c like I said I'm a sucker for a sampler pack and it was cheap w/ a lot of really fun products to try out!



No comments: