Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Very Special Wedding!

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of doing Makeup & Hair for a very special wedding.  All of my weddings are special of course but this one was just a bit different.  It was the wedding day of literally one of my oldest and closest friends Svetlana.

She is the first of my close friends to get married (although I expect the ball to start rolling very soon w/ other weddings).  She is also pretty much the only close friend that I have known since I was a teenager.  We met in grade 9 when we were both 14 so yes we go WAY  BACK!  We were best friends and pretty much inseparable in grade 10 and had a falling out in grade 11 and like stupid young girls we were both too stubborn to make amends w/ the other and therefore didn't see each other for years...which now I think is so sad that we lost that many years...seriously ppl stubbornness is such a waste when in comes to friendships and you'll regret it years later.

We got back into contact probably around 6-7 years ago when Svetlana moved up to Toronto for work and it's amazing how quickly we were able to pick up where we left off all those years ago.  As someone who has moved around A LOT in her life and had a lot of ppl come and go it's really nice to have someone around that knew you "back then".  That you can reminisce about your crazy high school crushes and antics with and still remembers you during a simpler time before life got so "complicated" lol.

So this wedding was a little bittersweet to me...of course I was happy for my friend who was marrying the man she loved (and boy does their "courtship" have it's own story lol) but I was sad b/c it also meant I was "losing" a friend again.  Svetlana has moved back to our hometown Windsor, ON b/c that's where her now husband lives (they were doing a long distance thing) and housing and living costs are just much more affordable...plus a lot of other reasons.  So of course her and I will remain friends but it's just a little sad b/c I can't just call her to go for our Sunday walks to get a coffee and just talk about things and we can't meet up for dinner on a Tues b/c we both don't have plans...and stuff like that.

But anyway, on to the happy stuff the wedding!  It was a beautiful but HOT day and Svetlana and Jeff wanted something simple but still reflected them as a couple and I think they did a great job at that.  They did this whole "movie" theme and I have to admit I haven't seen a groom so influential in the decision making process of the wedding...if he's half as attentive as a husband Svetlana will be set lol!  They had a little red carpet and backdrop like at the movie premieres for taking pictures in front of, the dinner menu was printed on a film strip, popcorn machine to collect the cards, their engagement picture was blown up on to a movie poster...just lots of really unique details that showed the couple's (or more Jeff's actually) personality lol!  Another detail I absolutely LOVED was the fact that the day before the wedding Jeff went to his Nonna's house and made Italian Butter Cakes.  One for each table (8 in total) and they were cut and served to us for dessert instead of the typical wedding cake.  I thought this was a really lovely idea and was just another really thoughtful detail.

Svetlana wanted to keep her hair very simple w/ just soft curls and a few delicate pieces pinned out of her face.  I also incorporated the hair extensions I had made her for her b-day the previous year just for fullness and volume.  For makeup we went w/ a really pretty smokey purple eye and a soft pink lip and cheek.  I also did her MOH Maya and her mom's Hair & Makeup.  Overall it was a really relaxed morning and just a fun day!

Here's some pics of the beautiful day and the beautiful bride!  I was really impressed w/ the photographer Toan Lam for not only doing an amazing job on the wedding pictures but for taking amazing engagement photos too!  Seriously, if you're getting married in Windsor, ON you should check this guy out!

Doing some Final Touches on the Bride 


Svetlana & Her Mom...They look So Good!




What a Good Looking Couple!



Here's just a couple of photos I took at the wedding

Me Before the Ceremony...If I do say so myself...I'm Looking Good ;)

On the "Red Carpet" w/ Svetlana & Jen (work friend & fellow Windsorite).  Love standing next to these two b/c they always make me feel so tall lol!

 Engagement Poster...Too Cute...This Whole Shoot was Pretty Awesome!

They even gave me a credit ;)

 They had a firework display - very cool!



No comments: