Friday, February 20, 2009

"Gross" or "Sick" w/out Makeup

I don't know if any of you have experienced this but have you ever had ppl ask "Are you sick?" or "You look really pale" or something to that extent and it just turns out you're not really wearing makeup. Well, it seems anytime I'm not wearing a base I look really washed out or sick (my face is lighter than my body from acne creams and daily SPF). I don't really care but it is a bit annoying when ppl think you're sick just b/c you don't have makeup on.

After I posted the new update weight loss pics it was mentioned that I looked "gross" in my face pics or really pale and kind of sick. I actually didn't think I looked that bad in them but that's just me. I was fresh out of the shower, barely any makeup except for some mascara and I filled in my brows (makes me wonder what ppl would have thought w/out the mascara and brows filled geez). I just thought it was "interesting" that when I am looking really natural it apparently does not look good. It really shows you the importance of learning how to do a good no makeup/makeup for shoots and life! I mean a lot of times I keep my makeup natural and I think most ppl might find it scary/crazy to realize how many steps and how much makeup I'm wearing to get that natural look lol!

Anyway, below I'm including a few new pics w/ makeup so everyone can see this weight loss has not made me "sick" looking. I'm also including a "no makeup" pic vs. "natural makeup" pic. Let this be a lesson to all the boys out there who say they like when girls don't wear makeup. You're lying you just like it when you can't tell she's wearing makeup!!

The far left is the no makeup pic (just a bit of mascara and brows) vs. the others - full face natural makeup (actually quite a bit of makeup)
The other pics are just a few I took today so ppl can see I'm not sick!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great. I think it is just the camera angle.

Anonymous said...

i agree!!! on so many levels!!! "all natural" sounds so good but doesnt look it. i know myself. so to all that rubbish, forget it. i love make up too much anyway ^_^

Kristine said...

and i don't think it's humane to tell someone she / he looks sick. people sometimes can be really really tough!! btw, u look great chunky or not.. :o)

a. readings said...

i get that every day at work. i have really terrible undereye circles from vitamin deficiences.

The other day i was wearing makeup and my coworker said 'wow, you can actually be really pretty.'

uhh. thanks?

Jessica Jean Myers - Makeup Artist said...

Haha Ashley that's hilarious! When I was in school we weren't allowed to wear makeup there b/c we'd just be taking it off and putting more on during practice time. Well my teacher was a bit of a bitch to me. He saw some pics of me out at clubs looking good w/ makeup and he gave me the up and down and then kind of just said "Ugh are you going through a "low maintenance" phase right now or something?" Bitch I can't wear makeup what do you expect me to look like lol?

MiuMiu said...

i don't think you look sickly at all. i think that's the problem with makeup tho...if you end up using too much on a daily basis then one day you don't use it...people might say you look pale. ahh the things that women do right? lol

Amy V said...

i don't think that you look sick. maybe someone that knew you before you lost weight might think that cause your face really thinned out.

Stephanie said...

haha the funny thing is I did say something..you should have seen it before she "fixed" it!

Nu Nu Dollie said...

love your glasses!