Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Colder Weather = Dry Skin

 As the weather gets cooler I find my skin (and my client's skin) gets dryer and dryer.  The cold winds and cooler temperatures wreak havoc on not only my face but also my hands.  So when Yves Rocher sent me their complete Hyrda Vegetal line to try out I was more than up for it!

What's great about this line is that it has creams, cleansers and lotions for both Normal to Combination skin and Normal to Dry skin.  Sometimes when it comes to richer, hydrating creams ppl who have oily or combination skin fear them b/c they think it's going to make their skin greasier or shinier.  In fact I've actually found a lot of ppl who think they have "oily" skin in fact have combination or severely dehydrated skin and what they actually need to do is exfoliate and moisturize their skin b/c it's so dry it's actually overcompensating and producing more oil if that makes sense.

All the creams and face washes have a nice fresh scent to them.  Nothing overpowering...very fresh and light but if you HATE scents in your product this is something to be aware of.

Both the Gel Cleanser and the Hydrating Cleansing Milk did a good job of cleaning my skin and leaving it feeling soft and smooth...esp. when used in correlation w/ my Clarisonic Mia ;)









There are two face creams:

24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream and 24H Rich Hydrating Cream.  The first one mentioned is for Normal to Combination skin and the second is for Normal to Dry skin.  I actually had reason to try both of these creams extensively.  I would use the first one normally but I actually got a chemical peel on my face early last week which left my skin quite dry and peeling for a few days afterward and the 24H Rich Hydrating Cream was exactly what my skin needed to calm and soothe it and also help w/ the dryness and peeling.  It was very gentle on my skin as well b/c it didn't irritate it after the peel or anything which is important when choosing skincare after a clinical skin treatment.   I should also mention that both products didn't leave my skin feeling heavy or greasy even though they are both richer hydrating creams.  A lot of times when you start using heavier moisturizers I find it can clog your pores or feel really heavy on the skin and neither of these did that.

To round out the system there is also the Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer which is great for an instant plumping and moisturizing on those fine line prone areas and the Hydrating Toner...which is the only thing I'm not that crazy about b/c alcohol is listed as one of the top ingredients...this is true for a lot of toners but it's also drying to the skin...so I can't say I'm a fan.

So if you're someone that suffers from dry skin and are looking for an affordable skincare system I'd definitely say check out Yves Rochers Hydra Vegetal skincare!

No comments: