Thursday, July 4, 2013

ClipHair Canada - A New Hair Extension Company In Town!


I use a lot of hair extensions - not only for myself but also for my bridal clients.  I mean very few of us are naturally blessed w/ the thick luscious hair we see on the celebs...I mean lets be real...they aren't even blessed w/ that hair lol!  Because of this I'm always on the look out for the best deal, selection and quality hair extensions.  That's why when ClipHair contacted me about doing a review for their hair extensions to celebrate their new launch into Canada I was more than willing to help out!...plus I myself needed a new set of extensions so what better time to get some lol!

The company uses 100% remi human hair extensions...and if you've ever been curious what the term "remi" means when it comes to extensions here's the answer (taken straight from their FAQs).

This means that only the finest virgin (Untreated & not previously coloured) hair is used. The hair differs from normal \'Silky\' hair that’s available on sale, because it is hand picked & aligned so that every single strand runs in the same direction that it grows from the scalp. This ensures that the cuticle on each hair is running the same way (downwards), in order to keep the hair shiny, soft & truly tangle free. After picking & aligning, the hair goes through a gentle; but very complicated treatment process, to colour, straighten or wave the hair in the best way. ‘Silky\' hair has the cuticle removed; whereas \'Remi\' hair has the cuticle still intact. So although \'silky\' hair is still fabulous for extensions, \'Remi\' has a shine like no other & will not matt or tangle when worn for long periods.

The site has a huge selection of not only colour but also lengths and styles.  There are many straight colours as well as a variety of highlighted colour packs too!  Plus you can even buy just highlight packs if you're looking just to add some highlights to your hair w/out the commitment of actually dying your hair.  The lengths range from 10-26 inches which is pretty crazy.  I got the 20 inch extensions and my hair is LONG...I can only imagine the 26 in lol!  You can also get the extensions w/ wave or the standard straight depending on what you're looking for - being that it is human hair you can always curl or straighten the straight extensions depending on how you want to style them.  There is also a variety of styles from pre-made single layer weft extensions and double layer weft extensions, DIY weft and clips, clip-in bangs, pre-bonded extensions and one piece clip-in extensions...basically they have it all!

And if that wasn't enough the prices are AWESOME!  Esp. for the pre-made extensions!  Plus free shipping within Canada and no hassle returns!  They will even colour match your hair for you if you mail them a lock of your hair or  old extensions or send them a picture of your hair! Talk about customer service!

So now on to me.  My hair is LONG...very straight but not thick!  So I'm not getting extensions for length at this point I just want the volume!  I decided to go w/ the #1B double weft 20 inch pre-made extension set.  Even when I make extensions for my clients I do double weft that way you don't have to make as many pieces and you get more volume in the hair w/ less clips...which is esp important if the person doesn't have a lot of hair to start w/ b/c you never want the clips to show of course ;) It came w/ 8 pieces which was plenty but the pack had slightly different pieces then mentioned on the site - mine had 4 - 3 clip pieces, 2 - 2 clip pieces and 2 - 1 clip pieces.  When I make my own extensions I do the pieces a bit differently then they did here but these still worked out great for me.  The hair itself was a great match to my own in colour, texture and feel.  Very silky and soft and the clips are strong and securely fastened to the weft.  The hair was almost exactly the length of my own hair...maybe just adding an extra inch or so to the bottom so you definitely couldn't tell I was wearing extensions as it all blended flawlessly together.  

Here's some Before & After pics w/ the extensions!

BEFORE
See My Hair Is Super Long lol!...Also I should note I do not straighten my hair...what you see is what you get lol! (there is a crease b/c I had it in a ponytail earlier lol)



AFTER
Look how much fuller the back is!  No gaps and it looks so natural and shiny! (I did straighten the top layer of my own hair just to get rid of the crease)





Couldn't let that luscious hair go to waste! Time to hit some patios w/ my BFF Sarah!






No comments: